Our regular meetings are held at 1:00 pm on the 2nd Saturday of the month (except June, July, and August).
As you may be aware, we have been having a hard time finding a permanent location for our meetings that meets our needs. With this in mind, we have been searching for – and found – a terrific new location! Thanks to Ron St.Laurent!!
As we transition to the new location, here’s our meeting location schedule for January thru April, 2018:
- Our next meeting is Saturday, January 13, 2018, 1:00pm, at the Dewitt District Library, 13101 Schavey Road, DeWitt MI, Michigan. Click here for a map.
- Our meetings for 2/10/18 and 5/12/18 will be at the Meridian Township Fire Station 91 and Administration Building, 5000 Okemos Road in Meridian Township. This new location is a brand new facility and has a great meeting room! Click here for a map , or here for a map and directions.
- The March meeting will be held in Olivet, where Terry Davis will present another “make-and-take” scratch-building project. Check here later for a map and directions.
- The April meeting will be at Andy Keeney’s layout. Check here later for a map and directions.
For a recap of past meetings, see our Journal page.
Skip Luyk will be joining us from Grand Rapids for a Master Model Railroader presentation. Even if you are not really interested in this program at this time, we hope you will join us. This program will definitely make you a better and a more accomplished model railroader and can be a lot of fun as you progress.Skip is a Master Model Railroader (MMR) and a very accomplished modeler with a beautifully detailed layout. He is also the North Central Region, Achievement Program Coordinator and our Capital Division representative who is here to help us to successfully meet the requirements for the various areas of the Achievement Program and our MMR.We will start the meeting and begin the program sharply at 1:00 pm due to time limitations. Skip will discuss the program and we will have a Q&A session after his presentation.
- Show and Tell: None, due to time constraints.
- Layout Tour: Alan Godfrey. Alan’s crew has been very busy over the last couple of years and the layout is to the point where trains can run from end to end, and scenery is now being installed in some areas. Operations is not too far off!!
|Meeting dates for 2018 are:
||Meeting dates for 2019 are: